Monday, July 2, 2012

New State, New Adventures!

Who would have thought that summer could be this awesome? We are currently in Los Alamos, New Mexico, and it is so much fun. Daniel is on his third week of his internship at Los Alamos National Laboratory, where he is working for the Department of Homeland Security. It is a lot of material to learn, but he is really enjoying it!

We left Rexburg on June 4th for or week long adventure. Our first stop was in Brigham City, Utah to visit Daniel's aunts and their families! While we were there, we played tennis and went mountain biking with Sherri, and ate curry and talked with Laura and Kevin and their family.

Then we went to Lagoon. Which was awesome! And a little frigid. It was my first time ever going to Lagoon, and we had so much fun riding on roller coasters! Wicked was the best - it was the only one that Daniel wanted to ride more than once. What can I say? We had a blast!
That night (Tuesday), we went to Daniel's aunt's house, who lives in Walsburg, UT and we stayed there. I'd say that the chickens just love Daniel. I can't say that I blame them...
On Wednesday, we headed to Provo, UT. Daniel's awesome sister Becky is going to school there, so we went to visit her and her new boyfriend Jeff, who is also awesome. Daniel gave the brotherly stamp of approval!
Then we went bowling with a couple of Daniel's cousins and their wives! That was fun! Without gloating, I would like to point out that... I WON!! Bowling is now my favorite game ever! I finally have a chance of beating Daniel at something!
Thursday and Friday were spent in Moab, UT, in fun adventures of hiking, mountain biking, and eating at fun-looking diners. What a blast!! Daniel and I had so much fun exploring. Our first day we went mountain biking on Klondike Bluffs, which was very difficult. I had to get off my bike and walk several times. Daniel is a champion though.


On Friday we went to Arches National Park, which was also awesome. We didn't go on any of the big hikes, but we did find out that you really have to hike a little further in to see the truly awesome arches. Like this one!


The last day of our week vacation, we went to Mesa Verde in Colorado. That was incredible too. We learned about the previously nomadic Native Americans who decided in 1200-1300's ish, "hey, this cliff looks like a nice place to live for a while!" So they built their houses out of the cliff, and they have been preserved very nicely.


On Sunday, we arrived in Los Alamos, New Mexico, just in time for Daniel to start his internship on Monday. After an entire week of traveling and doing amazingly fun things, we were both ready to relax for a bit and get back into business as usual. In a different state.

It's really kind of fun - I'm getting a taste of what it would be like to be a stay-at-home wife. I really hope it's more entertaining with children running around, but I'm really enjoying the time that I have to do all the things that I wish I could do when I don't have any time. This week I'm going to start working at the hospital, and I'm very excited for that.

Wahoo!

No comments: